And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, November 28, 2016

Hospitality Update



November is a fun hospitality update! We hosted 42 people in our home for a Thanksgiving feast. This is our second annual dual family celebration at our home. My Hubby's family came from out of state, my family came from all around the region, and even a few friends joined us. We had sososo much food. It was amazing and wonderful. I snapped one pic of a couple of the kids with the first plates of food, and then I decided I didn't want to spend the whole time tied to my phone. I put my phone away and really enjoyed chatting with each person that was here. I hopped from table to table and place to place to make sure everyone had everything they needed and to make sure to speak with each person even if it was only for a few minutes.

One reason we picked our house was because of the large amount of living space. It's perfect for large gatherings. I enjoyed this year so much. Although a lot of work goes into the cooking and cleaning, my mom lends a hand and really helps pull it altogether. Hubby also did a lot of work to get things together including frying 2 turkeys. Speedy made brownies for the meal, and Apple made wassail. She was also around all that morning to assist when needed.

The planning pages I created really helped. We did a little shopping at a time over a span of a few weeks. I also was able to write my yearly notes on the same pages and tuck them away into my family planning notebook for next year. I always keep up with all the folks that attended and all the food we had. Years and years ago we started that tradition at my mom's, and we've continued it here. It's fun to look back and remember the Thanksgivings past.

Did you host a Thanksgiving feast? Did you try anything new this year? We added corn casserole to our menu. It was well received and will replace traditional corn next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!