And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Friday, December 23, 2016

This Christmas Season

This Christmas season has been a little different for us. The kids aren't in any sports. We are still visiting churches so there were no practices or special programs this year. "Regular" life (work, school, etc.) has kept us busy so we haven't felt like we had a lot of downtime, but there definitely hasn't been the super crazy, frenzied rush that we feel most years. We've still stuck with some of our favorite traditions- local Christmas parade, lights at a local State Park, time with family and friends.

I've missed some of the things that we didn't participate in this year but I've enjoyed the slower pace. Even with the slowness, I've barely finished all my shopping and Christmas prep in time. I got out the Christmas cards but all the decorations never made it out of the attic. We fixed treats for neighbors but didn't get any lights on the outside of the house. The house is tidy, but there hasn't been time for my normal big cleaning days.

The older I get the more I realize that things will carry on and seasons will come and go but they aren't going to look the same every year. I'm hoping Christmas next year will be different...but the same...if that makes sense to anyone else. I want my beloved traditions to remain, but I hope we are involved in a local church. I want to do all my decorating and prepping, but I want plenty of time to spend with family and friends. I want my kids to be enthralled with the season but not as wild and crazy as they have been this year. Ya know...

I read a version of The Christmas Carol and read it aloud to them. That was fun and new for us. Sometimes one little new thing can make the season feel complete.

Has your Christmas season been the same or different this year? Are you ready for Christmas?

A Merry Christmas to each of you who read this. May the peace and love of Jesus surround you and your family.

1 comment:

  1. My husband had surgery just a few days ago, so our Christmas was very low-key. I did all the holiday prep work since he was sick. I've been stressed out but it's almost over. The biggest fun was watching the kids open their gifts and enjoy new toys tonight. Hope you find a church family soon.
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!