And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. Isaiah 54:13 KJV

Monday, April 17, 2017

Write it Down

As the days tick away, I find that my memory isn't as stellar as it once was. I remember the days that I could remember phone numbers, addresses, and grocery lists without keeping them written down. Not so much anymore!

Now this post isn't about anything innovative or extraordinary. It's just something I had to start doing to help myself. I went to a local store and bought a little, inexpensive lined notebook. I brought it home and wrote "Prayer Journal" on it. I started writing down prayer requests in it. I know millions of people have done this, but it's new for me.



I've found that even if I don't have my little journal in front of me, I can remember the prayer requests better just because I wrote them down! I'm a firm believer in praying immediately when someone asks for prayer, but I also like to continually pray for those requests. This cheap little notebook is helping me do a better job of that.

I know some people use full size notebooks or larger journals. After buying this I purchased an actual prayer journal through a fundraiser. I think this little portable book may work best for me in the long run though. We had a friend/ Sunday School teacher who treasured his mother's prayer journals after her passing. What a legacy!

Do you write in a prayer journal or notebook?



Matthew 21:21-22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done.  And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!!! Post away!